When you schedule an appointment for your child at Windsor Pediatric Dentistry, that time period is reserved specifically for them. Changes to the appointment affect our dentists, team, and other patients, so we ask that you call at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel an appointment. Here are some other points about dental appointments that we ask you to remember:
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes in advance so your child can receive dental care on-time and you can complete any additional paperwork.
- Please accept our apology in advance if your appointment is delayed when we accommodate an injured child for dental emergency care. We would do the same if your child was in need of emergency treatment.
- If you arrive 10-15 minutes late for an appointment, you may be asked to reschedule at the next available time.
- If two missed or broken appointments occur consecutively without 24-hour notice of cancellation, then our office reserves the right to not reschedule the appointment.
Call Dr. Jill Shonka and Dr. Katie Foster at our dental office in Windsor, Colorado, if you have any questions about our appointment policy.
Our dentists and team thank you for choosing our office for your child’s dental care. We are committed to their successful treatment and ask that you understand that the payment of dental fees is considered part of your child’s care.
- The adult who brings a child to Windsor Pediatric Dentistry is legally responsible for the payment of their dental care. We cannot send statements to other persons.
- We will put aside the part of the balance your insurance provider covers for 60 days. If insurance does not pay the balance within this time period, then you must pay it unless other arrangements have already been made.
- Understand that most insurance companies only pay a portion of dental fees and we require you to pay your part at the time of treatment.
- Since insurance coverage is between you and the provider, we remind you that any unpaid balances on the account will be your responsibility. We will assist you if you have questions about insurance delays or amounts, though we have found that insurance providers respond better to questions asked by patients.
- Our policy at Windsor Pediatric Dentistry is that all outstanding balances be paid within 30 days of a receipt of statement. If the fee is not completely paid, then it will gain a 1.5% monthly (18% annually) interest rate.
- If a patient does not have insurance, then we require full payment of fees at the time of treatment unless other arrangements have been made (e.g. with the CareCredit financing program).
- If we have not received payment or contact from you within 90 days after treatment, then we reserve the right to take further action with a collection agency.
Please view our Financial Options page in the For Parents section of our site for more information about the payment options we accept at Windsor Pediatric Dentistry. Call our office if you have any questions.
Unlike many other pediatric dental offices, we welcome parents to our treatment area so they can sit with their child during cleaning appointments. Because of limited space, we ask that only one adult accompany a child for operative appointments. Parents can sit nearby as a silent observer so cooperation and trust can develop between your child and Dr. Jill Shonka and Dr. Katie Foster. This allows children to communicate directly with our dentists and team without distractions and safety concerns.
We find that there are times when a child’s dental experience can be enhanced when a parent is absent from the treatment area, especially as the child grows older. We may ask a parent to wait in our office lobby so your child can communicate more directly with our dentists and build a relationship of trust with them.
Cell phones are discouraged in our treatment area because conversations carried by others may distract your child, cutting into the line of communication with them and our dentists. Our goal is to give your child a safe, positive dental experience at Windsor Pediatric Dentistry. Please call our office to schedule your next appointment.