Jill Shonka, DDS
Dr. Jill grew up with her brother, Christian, and sister, Maggie (our office manager), in Parker, CO. Dr. Jill graduated from Colorado State University with a degree in Psychology and attended dental school at the University of Iowa. After graduating with honors, she decided to stay in Iowa to complete her training in Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Jill was actively involved in many volunteer activities throughout dental school and residency and currently provides volunteer dental services to the non-profit group, His Little Feet. They bring approximately 20 orphaned children to the US each year, teach them English and travel around the country increasing awareness of orphans worldwide.
Dr. Jill enjoys all sports and grew up swimming, playing soccer, horseback riding, mountain biking, and freestyle skiing. She has completed a half ironman, a marathon, several triathlons, and enjoys road biking and competing with her dogs, Summit, Kina, and Ajax in agility. Dr. Jill and John have a son Kelly and daughter Elise that keep them on their toes. They love to spend time with them outdoors swimming, riding bikes and camping.
Dr. Jill has always had a passion for kids and enjoys being able to combine her love for kids, background in psychology and emphasis on education in order to give kids a great overall dental experience.
Dr. Jill’s awards and recognitions include:
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry’s recognition certificate for achievement in undergraduate Pediatric Dentistry endeavors
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry Community Dentistry and Dental Public Health Award
- American Student Dental Association Award of Excellence in recognition of outstanding dedication and service
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society, Mu chapter in recognition of outstanding dedication and service
- Foundation of the Pierre Fauchard Academy Annual Scholarship Award for outstanding leadership and academic achievements in dentistry
- Dean’s Leadership Award- four year recipient
- Oral B Scholarship for community involvement—three year recipient
- Deans Academic Recognition Award
- Research Support Award, University of Iowa
- Dental Service Trip to Cambodia
- American Student Dental Representative for ADA Committee on the New Dentist
- 5280 Top Dentist 2017
- Windsor Now Reader’s Choice Awards Best Dentist 2017
- Colorado Parent magazine Top Dentist 2017
Maggie is a Colorado native. She and her husband Scott graduated from Colorado State University and after college decided to move to Windsor. Like many families, they were drawn to the small town community atmosphere. Maggie loves chasing her sons Camden and Bennett around as well as spending time with her family and friends. She has been with the office since the practice opened and has enjoyed seeing all of the patients grow and change over the years.
Olivia-Front Desk Administrator
Olivia grew up in Indiana and graduated from Butler University in May of 2015. Olivia and her partner Doug moved to Greeley, Colorado in 2016 for Doug to attend the University of Northern Colorado. They have two dogs, Dori and Luna, that they enjoy taking to the park and hiking. In their free time they also enjoy going camping and going to the movies with friends.
Sheena grew up in the Northern Colorado area. She loves spending time with her husband, Gabe, her three children, Savanna, Salena, and Oscar, as well as her two dogs. She has been a dental assistant since 2008 after graduating with honors from PIMA Medical Institute. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, bowling and watching football.
Laurel grew up in Southeastern Colorado. She enjoys spending time with her husband and two little boys. She graduated from Academy for Dental Assisting Careers in March 2014. In her spare time she likes to be active outside, involved in sports, body fitness, follow her boys around and volunteering in the community.
Holly is a Colorado native that graduated from Academy of Dental Assisting Careers in the spring of 2015. She and her husband Corey moved to Windsor in 2009 with their four children Mitchell, Cade, Isaac and Kayla. She enjoys spending time with her family whether it’s camping and fishing outdoors or staying in for movies.
Crystal grew up in Wyoming and has been living in Northern Colorado for 6 years. She loves spending time with her children, Donovan, Kelby and Kiah and her husband Robert. Crystal graduated from Front Range Community College in Fort Collins and has been a dental assistant with Windsor Pediatric Dentistry for 3 years.
Bio coming soon!